Neurofeedback works for the brain similarly to the way a mechanic examines a car and pinpoints any issues with it. After an assessment has been made, intervention can occur. On a car, it might be the engine – on a brain, it might be a certain cortex. We understand that there is a lot to consider and learn about before making brain-decisions so, we wanted to start with the basics.
Neurofeedback is most commonly used to help people with cases of:
1. Depression: Many patients exhibiting symptoms of depression can find relief, and often times permanently, through neurofeedback therapy.
2. Anxiety: People who experience increased anxiety and who suffer from anxiety disorders exhibit irregular brainwave activity that can be identified through brain mapping.
3. ADHD: Case studies have shown that neurofeedback therapy is a successful treatment for up to 90% of ADHD patients who receive it.
4. Stroke: Stroke is a type of traumatic brain injury usually resulting in abnormal and irregular brain waves. Neurofeedback promotes the self-healing the brain desperately needs in order to return to normal functions.
5. Sleep Problems: While insomnia and other sleep disorders have been traditionally studied from a behavioral perspective, recent research suggests that in the case of insomnia, the brain is unable to properly process information due to cortical hyper arousal. This creates abnormal brainwave patterns and functions is specific areas of the brain. Neurofeedback works to retrain the brain.
6. Memory Problems: 80% of patients that use neurofeedback to boost performance report improved cognitive functions.
7. Tinnitus: Case studies show that neurofeedback therapy can help patients improve the symptoms of tinnitus, and sometimes eliminate them entirely.
8. Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: Cancer patients and survivors, along with other chronic pain patients, have reported symptom improvement/elimination in the areas of pain, fatigue, insomnia, cognitive impairment, anxiety/depression and sensation loss.
We are confident that our team at MyBrainDR can utilize neurofeedback to help bring relief if you suffer from any of the cases. For a drug-free, non-invasive approach to strengthen and restore your brain, contact us today for your free evaluation.
Come meet us for your free in-person one-on-one symptom evaluation where we discuss if neurofeedback is the right treatment for you. Schedule your consultation by selecting a time below, we can’t wait to meet you!Book your free evaluation!